We Need a Fence!:
"... that's why we're promoting a state-of-the-art border fence between the U.S. and Mexico.
What kind of fence are we proposing? [LEARN MORE]
Understanding the illegal immigration problem: [LEARN MORE]
* Illegal immigration into the United States is out of control, particularly across our southern border.
* Several members of Congress and Governors have declared states of emergency.
* The problem is not merely the number of illegal immigrants. In addition to the hundreds of thousands of illegal immigrants from Central and South America, there are several hundreds, perhaps thousands, of illegal aliens from countries that sponsor terrorism or harbor terrorists entering the United States each year across our border with Mexico. Thus, it is a national security issue as well as an immigration issue.
Why is a fence the right solution? [LEARN MORE]
* A secure, state-of-the-art border fence must be one element of any comprehensive effort to address the illegal immigration problem. Similar fences in Israel have reduced terrorist attacks by up to 95%.
* Until the border is secured and the tide of illegal immigration is stemmed, proposals to adjust immigration quotas, whether up or down, are doomed to ineffectiveness.
* A border fence is entirely compatible with a guest worker program. In fact, a guest worker program would be reduced to irrelevance without such a fence.